I hate my job and just want to quit?

I'm a high school science teacher and I'm just sick of how kids treat each other, disrespect me, and are just plain rude. Usually during class I just assign a bunch of random labs for my students to do to pass the time, and then just give them all Bs and As depending on how much work i think they put into the assignment, i cant quit because its really hard to find a job in my area but im miserable here

Update:

I had to slap a kid to get him to stop talking during a lesson as well

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe you should quit if you hate it that much

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I am against physical abuse towards students, my former teachers done that to me

• Damien
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

so what let them treat each other like garbage, they are immature punks, they dont have the intelligence yet to be respectful to one another. so what if theyre disrespectful to u, u are there to earn money and teach, why not just ignore their nonsense, put in some earbuds, only talk to them when absolutely necessary. you should think they are stupid people and stupid people should not affect u or be taken seriously. Just smile at the jackass student who disrespects u , they will stop when they see u give no negative reaction.

• 1 month ago

So you assaulted a student?

Look, your class room is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to control.

And so the RULES that you set down for your students to follow should be clear to them and if not, you can send them down to the principal's office for discipline.

Write on the board that RESPECT IS REQUIRED IN THIS CLASSROOM.  And make sure that it goes both ways.

And by all means, please change jobs!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Go into investment banking - much better pay and everbody is focussed all day. And all night

• 1 month ago

Pointer Sisters say QUIT!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.