why do high schools have so many disabled  people?

they aren't in any classes, they keep them in a big closed off room. then they take them out and just wheel them around the hallways, and they scream and "moan" so ******* loud we all have to close our doors. some of them have like kids singing toys that play at full blast in the halls. its obvious they don't have the same education level, or even do or learn anything, why the **** are they here? they can't speak and have like 3 year old intelligence. i feel bad for them. why dont they just keep them in a hospital? 

Because disabled people aren't "sick", Bull. And they aren't "broken". They haven't committed any crime, either. Being born with a disability like Autism is NOT a criminal act. And disabled students have just as much of a right to an education as YOU DO. It's guaranteed by federal and state law, and by our Constitution. Hospitals are places for sick and injured people. They're not places where you can warehouse the disabled because being around them happens to make someone like you uncomfortable.

Instead of adopting an attitude of "NIMBY" (NOT IN MY BACK YARD) towards the disabled students at your school, why don't you make an effort to MEET some of them and actually LEARN a little bit about them? Most students with disabilities- particularly those with Autism- have a hard time making and keeping friends. I'm sure they would be glad that you're willing to pay attention to them.

The big closed off room is their classroom. They have a right to a public education like you do, and like your children will.

You might be surprised at how "there" some of those kids are. I have a three year old autistic son who makes strange noises from time to time ...but he's on target as far as academics go. He's in a visual classroom instead of a regular one because his ability to communicate verbally is impaired.I've also met a man in a wheelchair with leg braces. He's autistic, schizophrenic, rocks, screams, and basically looks totally vacant. He can barely speak, but his writing is ...eloquent. It's so difficult to reconcile the inside with the outside. Life really isn't fair.I actually volunteered as a special education lunchtime aide in middle school. I never thought I would have a child in special education, though.

I suggest that you try to see them as the individuals they are and be grateful that it's something you don't have much knowledge about, for now. That could be your child someday ...although I hope not.