yppy asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

is it really grammatically correct?

hello all,

is it really correct to write "King's College London"??

the reason I ask that question is it feels unnatural to say it like that, as a learner of English idiom feels more natural to think like this:

A - King's College of London or

B - London King's College

I don't know the base to say it like: King's College London

pardon  the lack of knowledge

4 Answers

  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    I know that here in the USA we say "University of California Las Angeles" and not "University of California of Las Angeles."

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

    it's actually King's College, London. but on ghe books, there's no punctuation, so it looks weird to any who don't know it.

    it's like saying Interstate 80, Iowa.


    Youtube thumbnail

    or Hell's Kitchen, New York.

    it's a place, followed by it's location.

    similar to how we say cities, followed by their state's name.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    The correct title of the place is King's College London. This distinguishes it from King's College, Cambridge. Note that the London establishment doesn't have a comma but the Cambridge one does.

    Source(s): Fellow of King's College
    • Login to reply the answers
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It's not a description. It's a proper noun title. That is the name of the college, exactly as written.


    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.