Does this happen to female employees often?

A new employee, Joan was transferred into my department. To say that she was beautiful is an understatement. She is gorgeous. Being a single guy I know what single guys were going to do so I had a meeting of all employees and told them that I had a moral and legal obligation to prevent any sexual harassment in the work place. Anyone that created a hostile work place for Joan would be history. I told them she was here to do a job and not to be hit on. They knew I meant it.

Joan told me she did not want to cause anyone any trouble. She just wanted to do her job. I told her that was exactly what I wanted her to do and if she felt any harassment in the work place to report it to me. She has worked here for a few months and has been an excellent employee. She told me this is the first place she has ever worked and no one hit on her and she really appreciated it.

Gals, is a boss hitting on you something that happens often?

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Smart men don't hit on the ultra-gorgeous women, because their looks make it so obvious that they are desirable. It's best to let those women decide what they want from you, whether it's help at work, or whatever. Don't worry. If they want you for dating and a lasting relationship, they'll let you know.

So are you saying you told everyone not to hit on her so you could hit on her instead?!  Lol.  WTF?!

The meeting with the male employees was a great move however it would be good if the company constantly reminds the employees of the work culture and etiquette and conducts gender equality/gender sensitivity seminars/training. Sexual harassment does not only happen to female employees, employers must also protect all employees, regardless of their gender.

Wait, are you saying you only protected her from yourself? Lol. Everything about this is creepy.