is an online college degree worth it?

planning on taking an online college degree due to its flexibility and speed. was wondering if an online college degree is legit, and if it has the same chances and strengths as a traditional college degree in terms of getting you a job and making a career. any thoughts would be appreciated!

Let's face it, college just isn't for everybody and the prices are getting more and more outrageous.  Anyone can start taking advantage of digital marketing which is thriving right now.  It’s definitely much easier when there’s a system in place and you’re guided step-by-step. I’ve certainly seen my fair share and tested more than a few.

By far, the best training available online right now puts you on the fast track to $1K per day (and the secret weapon is polls). It’s amazing how conversion rates skyrocket by using a simple poll giving your audience control.   And the best part is, you can be a complete newbie.

This FREE training shows you exactly how it’s done and a secret traffic source is also revealed. Reserve some time and turn off all distractions as there is so much great content. Just register here … https://rotoclick.com/fast1k

• zipper

You need check the college out some are real some not so much, some have full accreditation some do not; you have to check this out. Plus see if they are a relation with a name college as well that makes the degree worth more in the job market. It boils down to you checking the school out before signing up!

• Kate

I did 2 Degrees online due to living too far from a Uni. Both were exactly the same as if I had attended class in person. We did lots of online group discussions, assignments were submitted and graded the same way.Did not affect my ability to get a job at all.

• John

Please don't think this is a troll answer, and be sure to read all of this for a full explanation.  

I personally would never hire anyone with an online degree.  I just don't think its the same as sitting in classrooms with other students and professors for four years.  I must add, however, that I am from an older generation.  Its very possible that younger employers would not look unfavorably on an online degree.  Younger people are more familiar with the technology, and probably more comfortable with it as well.

• Anthony1 month agoReport

If you're just seeing a diploma, you wouldn't know the difference.

First you must determine if the degree in general is worth pursuing. 

Like others have said, ensure the school is REGIONALLY accredited. I’d also avoid for profit school. That said there are good educational opportunities online. I have a friend who earned a masters from Florida State completely online.  

Please forgo those for-profit schools.  Their course credits usually do NOT transfer to other schools, even if the for-profit school is regionally accredited.

It depends on the school! What is the school's reputation? Is this online courses from a major university (many offer online programs now, e.g. Purdue)? Is it accredited? Rated/ranked by a respected ranking organization (e.g. US News & World Report, Business Week - employers in particular check these out)? Good references & recommendations from graduates? Some online schools are terrible or outright frauds (paper mills), some are really mediocre at best, and some are very good. Do your homework!

• Momo1 month agoReport

looking forward to nursing at purdeu. whats you're thoughts? 

depends entirely on the online school and employer's perceptions of it

There are different types of schools

- if you are going to the online school associated with a traditional school, then it is legitimate. 

- if it's a for profit school (instead of a non-profit), then it is not as highly regarded. 

• k w

it still shows you did the work to get there........I'd rather do it at home than deal with all the stupid crap at school....