Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

What color lipstick looks the best with a black velvet dress?

I have a dinner party and I’m trying to figure out how to do my makeup that would flatter the dress. My shoes are also a black velvet. My options are : nude brown, bright red, or mauve pink. Which one

Favorite Answer

Black goes with everything, color-wise. It just depends on your mood and what kind of look you are going for.

Nude brown is more subtle,conservative but can be glammed up with a smokey eye.

Red lipstick is more festive and adds a statement but classic at the same time (50's, Marilyn Monroe Glam etc), but might be a bit impractical if you are going to eat.

Mauve pinks is personally my favorite lipstick. Its adds some color, but not as impractical as red but can be played up with a stronger eye makeup.

If you have pale skin, nude lipstick depending on the shade can make you look washed out, but one of the best lipsticks if you prefer adding colors to the eye-makeup.

For dinners, I think it the only thing you need to consider if the lipstick affect your eating. Personally I prefer going more glam with the eye-makeup. Red lipstick is great for any other parties that doesn't involve eating (or dating).

Source(s): Aspiring Makeup Artist (well it's just a hobby)

You haven't mentioned your hair colour or skin tone ... far more important than the colour of your shoes.

• audrey

Mauve pink! Will look great!!!!!!

bright red.............