Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

Heart skipping beats? Should i be concerned?

Hey.  I'm 19 year old female, healthy.  I don't have medical conditions that i know of or anything.

Growing up every once in a while my heart would skip a few beats out of no where. It didnt happen often so i carried on with life.

Recently, its been happening a few times a day, every other day or so.  Should I be concerned?

I think it might be from stress, and if so should i be worried about longterm effects of the stress and my heart?  Or is this normal and I shouldnt worry about this?

There have been moments where it feels like its beating so hard/fast that i literally drop what im doing and just stand still and wait until it passes because its so violent in my chest and i hear it.  Other times, it just feels like my heart is dropping or skipping a beat.

Thanks! :)

p.s., i dont drink coffee or caffeinated drinks, just water.. lol i know im lame :P

See your doctor. 

Most causes are minor and easy to fix.

The most common cause pre-menopausal women is anaemia, either due to heavy menstrual bleeding or due to poor diet low in dietary iron and other nutrients which help your body to correctly assimilate iron.

• Linda

This happens to me and I am a lot older than you. It could be from too much stress, too much caffeine, or something else. Even medicines can cause this. If it worries you, consult your doctor.

• Sandy

try giving up coffee for a week or two and see what happens.

Hmm, that really sounds like something to atleast let your doctor know about. Being young and healthy your heart shouldn’t be giving you that kind of trouble . I hope you get to the bottom of it soon!