Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

Heart skipping beats? Should i be concerned?

Hey.  I'm 19 year old female, healthy.  I don't have medical conditions that i know of or anything.

Growing up every once in a while my heart would skip a few beats out of no where. It didnt happen often so i carried on with life.

Recently, its been happening a few times a day, every other day or so.  Should I be concerned?

I think it might be from stress, and if so should i be worried about longterm effects of the stress and my heart?  Or is this normal and I shouldnt worry about this?

There have been moments where it feels like its beating so hard/fast that i literally drop what im doing and just stand still and wait until it passes because its so violent in my chest and i hear it.  Other times, it just feels like my heart is dropping or skipping a beat.

Thanks! :)

Update:

p.s., i dont drink coffee or caffeinated drinks, just water.. lol i know im lame :P

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

See your doctor. 

Most causes are minor and easy to fix.

The most common cause pre-menopausal women is anaemia, either due to heavy menstrual bleeding or due to poor diet low in dietary iron and other nutrients which help your body to correctly assimilate iron.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

This happens to me and I am a lot older than you. It could be from too much stress, too much caffeine, or something else. Even medicines can cause this. If it worries you, consult your doctor.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

try giving up coffee for a week or two and see what happens.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hmm, that really sounds like something to atleast let your doctor know about. Being young and healthy your heart shouldn’t be giving you that kind of trouble . I hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.