Do you work more than 40 hour weeks?

Favorite Answer

This week I am. Our system crashed and we have all be catching up since. Sucks. But normally, I work only 40 hours per week.

I don't work...

No I actually haven’t been working at all the last 2 months

Most of the time no. There are occasions when I get a long call which keeps me at work longer than my shift.

Nope................

Sometimes. 

My town is very seasonal when it comes to work.

End of May to beginning of Sept I work 70 to 90 hours a week (between 2 or 3 gigs) Outside of those months it's much less.

I'm retired darlin.

sometimes. i work hourly as a cook but the restaurant industry hates paying people on holidays/over time hell even PTO is rare in this field tbh.

my current job it's hard not to get over time though because they force you to start work early by being behind evrey single day. plus they xpect you to clean a FILTHY.. kitchen im talking FILTHY.. as if it were brand new in like 10minutes. the grill and stoves all have caked on grease. that is where my over time comes from though 

we pretty much get yelled at either way. dont finish X amount of work for the day? get yelled at, Don't clean well cause your not supposed to go over X amount of hours per week? get yelled at, make Over time because of all of this just to get the job done so you dont get yelled at? Get yelled at. 

it's really dumb tbh not sure how kitchens are supposed to clean themselves when we are allowed 10minutes after putting food away to clean. some companies dont care cause the sous chef is watching and helping since people like to milk the clock by staying late acting like they cleaning but many hate paying OT. 

this is why at my current job if they dont want to pay m OT im gone when im scheduled. idgaf they say like unless you gonna pay me to stay and clean up once it comes 7pm im out. 

• Asep

I work zero hours a week because i’m such a loser

With my overtime. Yes I do.