Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

What is this?

The top of my foot hurts and the top of my ankle too. I can’t walk on it, put weight on it or even rest it with out my foot hurting. Is it a stress fracture or extensor tendinitis? The ER didn’t tell me anything but they gave me a post op shoe to wear. ?? I really don’t know if it’s a muscle or bone that’s broken/torn. ??

Update:

I don’t have a doctor.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Did they do X rays at least?  That would be normal routine. The discharge would have said follow up with your primary, they would then send you to an orthopedic or for an MRI, that would show tendon damage and such. So you have a choice, lots of ice and elevation for a week or so to see what it does, or get yourself a doc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You need to find a doctor or your feet problems might turn out to be chronic. It sounds like your shoes are too tight.

• 2 months ago

Sometimes "plantar fasciitis" manifests in that pain across the top of your foot (rather than in the arch or heel which is more common).  It's happened to me.

It's an inflamed tendon.  Google the term and read some of the many articles about it which include instructions for the exercises that will cure it  (I do toe-stands on the stairs every morning - just a couple minutes). COLD compresses or alternating hot and cold will give you some relief.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

time to go see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

So make an appointment with your doc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.