Video editing resolution question?

I purchased a 4K video camera with the intentions of filming a special video to play part in a wedding proposal to my girlfriend. I plan on playing the footage on a 4K TV. I'm just worried about compatibility with any video editing I will do, as the laptop will be running at a max resolution of 1920x1080. Will this cause any issues or speedbumps? Thank you!

Do the editing and test the results. 

Any problems can be addressed before you 

actually make that all-important presentation. 

• lare

computer video editing is 'virtual', meaning all you are doing is making changes in a data file.  the computer does not need to display the file at full resolution to make the changes.  so if your editing programs supports 4k video format, then not having a display is not an issue.

But

what device will you use to play the computer file onto the TV  if your laptop does not support 4k video output? just asking because a file in 4k format does not mean your computer can output hdmi to a TV at 4k data rates. 

The laptop screen resolution is independent of the video. It should have no effect on your editing, but you will need a strong computer to process and render 4K video.