Ben
Ben asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 2 months ago

Does nobody care if a Korean living in the USA has an entire non-Western name or a western first and middle name together?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

Most korean people prefer having an American or English name, in fact, most korean kids even choose out a English name before the 7th grade! I guess it could be hard for the person, but, Americans might get used to it over time if more korean named humans come.

• pmt853

I certainly don't care. Why would I care? Why would you care?

• Andrew

Hi, Ben. Nobody cares, unless they have to actually interact with that person on a regular basis, and even then, it's not as though any of us have control over what other people want to call themselves. I trust the answers you received will be satisfactory enough for you so that you will not be compelled to ask this same question again, as you have already posted it several times in several different categories. 

Korean names are short & easy to pronounce, so few care. (The problem is that nobody will know from your name which gender you are.) If you were Indonesian, on the other hand...

• Foofa

No one cares where I live. But I suppose there might be some parts of the US where people aren't familiar with common Korean names.

No one cares. However, all of the Asians I know have chosen a western first name as a nickname because it's easier.  

b) Somebody cares, I'm sure ...but I don't. Some Korean names are really difficult for me to pronounce, though.