Price to receive passport same day at a passport agency? ?

I already applied for my passport almost 2 weeks ago, and the status has said “processing” ever since. I paid for it to be expedited within 2-3 weeks due to this plan being EXTREMELY short notice for everyone involved, but unfortunately from the day I applied, I leave internationally just shy of 3 weeks from then. If I go to a passport agency and show them my imminent travel plans, how much would it cost me there to receive the passport that same day if I ALREADY applied and paid the original expedited fee? Would I have to pay them another $60 or would it be more hefty since I’m asking for it that same day, even though it’s already been “processing” for a week? 

I’m in the United States.

Good luck. Passports in the US are considered a luxury. Wait and hope.

If you already paid the $60 expedite fee then you > don't < have to pay anything extra if you go to a passport agency office in person to get it faster. 

• keerok

It is senseless to put your complaints here. Call the agency first and hear what they have to say. You can't get your passport the same day. There's a reason for the delay. Your's has a hitch. You just need some explanation.

My wife went through the same thing. My whole family went to the agency to renew our passports then arranged for delivery so we won't have to go back there again. Our sons' and mine arrived as scheduled. My wife's didn't. A couple of weeks passed and it still did not arrive so she called the agency. They explained what happened (vaguely about so-and-so with the same-name flagged down for something-something) and informed her the passport is already on its way. True enough, the next day it arrived.