Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why is a simple crush making me so depressed?

The guys isnt even toxic he is a kind guy. Probably the kinda person that would remain a good friend even if he knew i liked him. 

Unrequited love is always painful - but this feels different. I genuinely cannot function. I feel unhappy and discontent all the time even tho i had a wonderful time with guy a few days ago. just a few months ago (Summer) i was very mentally stable and had been my whole life, i was happy and doing a lot. But since late September ive liked this boy and it has caused me to become so discontent and the only thing that gives me joy is a good chat with him but thats not a healthy way to live and rely on someone. any ideas why it has affected me so bad? Especially since i get crushes alllllll the time and always deal with them very well..........

He doesn’t know you like him, and you’re speaking of unrequited love.

Prematurely.

Get healthy, and get real with him. It seems your discontent comes from wanting more than a friendship and not doing anything about it. 

If your gut tells you he’s wrong for you, stop crushing on him. If it doesn’t, make him aware of your crush.

Somehow, you need to learn to shift your joy, contentment, and happiness onto other important things, because what happens if you find out he's dating somebody else? How will your life be then? Just learn to enjoy his time, but don't think of him like a drug.

• Mikey

He is reminding you of all the things you think are missing.