Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What do you do if you're being harassed by someone you don't really know.?

My brother-in-law's ex-boyfriend that I don't really know I have only met a few times is harassing me and my family and is threatening my brother-in-law's life he won't quit texting me threatening messages I don't even really know this person or where they live they just got deported and I think they were a prostitute at one time I don't even know if they are in the United States or not he just sends me messages on Facebook he is threatening to try and get my husband fired and to call my son's Elementary School he is crazy and it doesn't make sense and he's just causing stress for no reason for me and my family and I don't even know the person he said our whole family is going to pay for my brother-in-law's actions. I need advice on what to do in this situation

You file a report with the Police and follow up with a request for a protective order.

Show the police the threatening messages.

• Foofa

Normally you'd call the police but if this person is in a different country that won't work and you'll just have to block him on everything.

I am a technology dinosaur but even I know how to block a phone number and unfriend someone.  I am willing to bet you do too so this is really just a troll question.  Of course the other option would be to seek help because there is probably a law against this.  If only we could think of who to call in matters of criminal law.  Hmm … that is a head scratcher.

• Maxi

Then report them to FB, block them and change your phone number

• xyzzy

If the messages are in fact threatening, take them to the police and file a police report. Although if he is out of the country there is not much they can do.

Delete all your social media accounts.  Problem solved.

Start with a police report. You might try a private investigator to find the creep. What he is doing is illegal. Ask your bro i.l. to tell him to stop, if he has any contact details.

Ignore them Cupcake.