Lauren asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

How long on average does it take the RSPCA to respond to/act on a report of animal abuse?

Had a horrible week dealing with a nasty busy body old couple who decided to steal my cat because apparently I don't look after her. I managed to get her back but I don't think it's over yet. I highly suspect they're the type to make false reports against me in order to hurt me or get the cat returned to them idk. I'm not worried about having a visit at all. They can search my house top to bottom, look through all my veterinary records and meet all 3 of my cats as much as they want and they will see the claims have zero basis. It's just that I have really bad anxiety and though it's only been a day since this happened I'm finding myself on edge thinking about someone turning up at the house at any moment. So if I had an idea of how long it may take them if they have/do actually file a false report, it would put my mind at ease a bit more and gives me time to have all the paper work and such in order. 

Favorite Answer

Only an idiot answered so **** it 

Best way to find out is to ask them

How can they steal the cat if it was kept indoors where it belongings or was kept in an enclosed escape proof enclosure? If you let the cats roam loose then its your own fault 

If they file a false report then they may show up and if there's no proof then nothing will happen 

• Star_of_Darkness

If the cat is indoors where it belongs then no one can take it. They do have a legal right to take the cat to a shelter, drop it off then legally adopt it and there's nothing you can do. You clearly care nothing about the cats any way since you let them roam