How come people won't let me make my own decisions just cause im autistic and now they're wanting to claim legal guardianship ?

So I've had it because everyone is trying to ruin my life. After the incident with me searching for escorts, they are now wanting to claim legal guardianship over me. I had a meltdown yesterday cause they wouldn't let me do that. I am staying a night at a marriot hotel in atlanta after coming back from arizona and I was going to get an escort to come over. They heard about my plan and now they're wanting to do this. I don't get why they won't let me make my own decisions. I want to do this and I'm going to do it one way or another. I want to do this temporarily while I wait to go to vietnam in 2021 and meet someone over there and possibly get married. Andy says no girl anywhere would want to marry me cause I still live at home and can't drive. Well news flash for him, most girls from vietnam are so eager to come to the USA that they would not even care if I can't drive or still live at home. As a matter of fact, it is normal in the viet culture to still live with your parents until you get married. Most viet people including in america practices this and they venture out after they marry. I got confirmation of this after asking my aunt in vietnam and my family so andrew's claim is invalid cause I want a vietnamese woman, not an American woman. I'm going to find a way to stop them from doing this guardianship thing. Why are they wanting to do this guardianship thing for ? Why won't they let me get an escort ? How come they claim that I don't know what im getting myself into ?

• Ann

Jacob, the only Jacob Nguyen in NC is a physician in his 50's.  Could it be possible that you don't exist?? You claim to be  a fictional person who supposedly lives with his parents at age 29, is "autistic", does all sorts of outrageous things to get attention, and posts on this site constantly.  I think you're actually a figment of someone's imagination.  Prove me wrong.

Getting guardianship over an adult person is not an easy task. They can't just demand it, your incompetence must be demonstrated by a preponderance of evidence. The further south in the US you go, the easier this is to do. These are some of the things they must prove in North Carolina specifically:

"insufficient capacity to manage [his or her] own affairs or to make or communicate important decisions concerning [his or her] person, family, or property.""

"lacks the capacity to make sound decisions"

You will be provided a guardian ad litem to represent you at no cost to you. You can also retain a lawyer at your own cost.

"a multidisciplinary evaluation can be requested by the clerk"

Specific to what you have claimed about yourself:

History of misdemeanors

History of not complying with court ordered actions

No source of income and not eligible for benefits 

Beliefs about self not grounded in reality

Prolific liar

Guardianship in most states means you can not have a credit card, sign any contracts, vote, have sex, marry, live where you want to live or have any voice i your own affair unless granted by the guardian

• If your parents are made your guardians they will have the right to have you live where they want, including a 24 hour supervised independent program. You will not be allowed anywhere without  drect supervision. Ot they could place you in a locked down psychiatric facility.You will lose all rights.

• Lita

Because Jacob, you make dangerous and illegal decisions. If someone wants guardianship it's to protect you from yourself. It has nothing to do with your imaginary autism. 

Your doctor is the one who signs off on the forms that identify you as being unable to make your own decisions. Talk to him or her.

• A doctor only offers testimony. The judge will hear a variety of testimonies. These could include family members, psychiatrists, counselors, law enforcement, and others. The judge decides. The judge also decides who the guardians will be.

• Foofa

Because you've displayed questionable judgement throughout the past few years, much of it on this very platform, and apparently your family don't feel you can manage your own affairs. You certainly don't have the life situation to be able to sponsor a foreign spouse. It takes a lot more than just a willing partner (looking to commit immigration fraud).

Why? Because they gave you the opportunity to make good decisions, and you failed. People don't claim guardianship to ruin people's lives, but out of love and care for them. But they have to prove you require care. To not allow it all you have to do is prove you can take care of yourself.

• SimplytheFACTS

he REFUSES..even if much of what he says her is fantasy, still shows REFUSAL to grow up and act adult

• Snoopy

Because most people don't understand what autism is. You may as well have already healed from it and able to look after yourself. Just look for a proper expert on autism they can assess you. Get a real assessment done and then show that to your parents. Hopefully they will accept you are a fully grown individual with healed autism who is entirely capable of making his own decisions. There is nothing wrong with marrying someone suitable of a different race.

You can't be forced to anything as that would be abuse. The law says that if you are able to provide for yourself then you don't have any personality disorders. If you had proper treatment while young which I suspect you may have then you are not autistic anymore. 

It would be discrimination to overrule a potential assessment. Get your own psychiatrist to get the assessment done. 

Escorts have the potential of giving you serious diseases such as STDs this is something that I see every day. It is not bound to autism specifically. It is bound to attending a sexual health class and learning from it. However having a Vietnamese wife is not a bad idea. That way you don't get STDs. 

Your parents are overprotective and don't want you to make mistakes but that won't mean mistakes will definitely happen. 

• SimplytheFACTS

and he REFUSES to provide for himself..he wants to tantrum like a toddler and get his way...at everyone elses expense

The government can gang stalk you in the targeted individual program to control your life

• Cogito

Jacob, people are trying to help you and yet you ignore all good advice and refuse to behave like a normal, civilised person.

That warrant is still out for you. You left the state.

• Jacob2 months agoReport

yeah, they will play "catch me if you can " and lose.