what will happen to earth if the gravity falls slowly and becomes very low?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

People will just be able to jump huge distances.  It'll be like everyone having the same dumb super power.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Personally I really like 'what if' questions, exercises the noodle, and let's us think about what we could run into on other planets.

Moon would either be lost or move to a higher orbit (ocean issues)

Change in atmospheric pressure

Loss of atmosphere

Loss of oceans

Hard to breath

Loss of all mammal animal life

Loss of most sea life

Loss of all (or most) plant life

and about a million other things...

On the positive:

easier to launch a spaceship to move elsewhere!

• 1 month ago

What will happen to your voice if you grow 25 legs? In a hypothetical scenario that requires our concept of reality to change, we don't know what would happen.

• Steven
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gravity is a function of mass and can not fall unless mass is lost. So the gravity can not fall unless a big part of the Earth goes missing in which case gravity is the least of your problems.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • goring
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Gravity field is relative to the mass of the Sun and  the  center of the galaxy.

At present the motion and spin of the Earth is slowing down. that means its mass is increasing.Thus its affecting its surrounding gravity  and magnetic fields.

• 1 month ago

The Earth itself would likely hold together even under low gravity, but the atmosphere would begin to expand greatly to the point that (1) the surface air pressure and subsequent partial pressure of oxygen is too low to support life, and (2) it starts getting stripped away by the solar wind to the point no atmosphere is left. If the drop in gravity reduced or eliminated the magnetic field, the atmospheric strïpping would happen much quicker since the magnetosphere deflects so much of the solar wind around the planet.

Note: Seriously, Yahoo? You're going to censor the word strïpping? I had to write it with an ï to prevent it from being all ********. Yahoo censorship is such horseshit. "Strïpping" is not a profane word that needs to be censored!

• 1 month ago

probably break apart into pieces, small pieces. The interior of the earth is under huge pressure and high temperature, and gravity is holding it together. No gravity and the pressure and temperature would cause it to explode. 

And those pieces would move very far away from the sun, as their orbit will be much different. Except see below.

And the sun will explode into a Nova, enveloping those pieces. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The water in the oceans will float away and we’ll all die. 

• 1 month ago

let me think darling

• 1 month ago

Finally. I will lose the weight that I've been trying to lose all these years. Not the fat. Just the weight!

• Alan1 month agoReport

good one. You're just as massive though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.