whos in the wrong?

So my mom wanted me to go get her salad from zaxbys. and i did , but my fault i forgot to check the bag and they forgot her ranch. but i didnt think it would be so much of a problem since we have ranch at home...in a whole bottle. 

then she starts yelling at me saying she dont want it anymore nor does she want to eat it with that ranch so she told me to get it out of her site . i was about to go back to the store a grab the zabxys ranch when my dad came up and said dont worry about it. if she dont wanna eat thats on her. and starts throwing and kicking the damn salad. and throwing a tantrum like a child. i understand shes my mom and most of the time i have the patience for her but srsly, am i in the wrong for what i did.

• Alan H

Why get so worked up over trivia?

• geezer

Seriously .. Your mom sounds crazy !

I'm sorry you live in such an obviously dysfunctional home. Welcome to the club. There are millions of us! That said.... You made a mistake. You forgot to check the bag to see if everything was in there. But your mistake doesn't justify the ridiculous reaction you got from your mom. OR from your dad. I would hate to see how they would react to a REAL problem. You're going to have to try your best NOT to let it get to you. Fact is.. your mom owes YOU an apology. But don't hold your breath waiting for it. Just learn from this. Learn how important it is to put things into perspective. A missing ranch salad dressing packet is NOT a big deal. It just isn't. 

• canadacraig

You mom sounds like a chaos junkie. There a lots of people like that in world. Nice and calm makes them feel anxious and afraid. So they create chaos by saying or doing something especially stupid. Very difficult people to deal with. Might be best to create a safe distance between you and your mom.