Baby asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

My baby's father isn't paying child support to his previous kid. Did I make a mistake?

My baby's father isn't paying child support to his previous kid THAT he have with another woman. Plus I'm 3 month's pregnant by him too and he's living with me. Did I make a mistake? I really do love him. 

I don't know if you made a mistake. I guess time will tell.

And if the guy was ordered to pay child support by the courts (for the other child), and if he's not doing it, they will likely put a warrant out for his arrest sooner or later.

• Edna

Yep -- you made a mistake. If he isn't paying child support for a child that he already has, he's not going to pay child support for YOUR child either. You might as well go ahead now and kick him out, and don't let him continue to live with you. 

• SW-6

Let's not call it a mistake as much as bad judgment of character.  You are going to be a mother soon.  You need to be the best example of just about everything to your child as they are going to pick up so much from you.  Now, if you meet a person that in the past does something not so great and not so legal - you need to look at that straight on and just confirm that this is the true character of this person and example of what they are capable of.  Not saying they will do it again, just an alarm to let you know they are not above being this bad, so what else will they do that is bad?  Look, no one is perfect.  But some of us are comfortable "going there" while the rest are fighting against it with all they got.  Now ask yourself - do you not deserve a person who is fighting to do the right thing as opposed to the ones who don't care?  The thing that keeps the bad behavior going as well as more and more victims of the bad behavior is people ignoring what is right in front of them.  Your baby's father is capable of disrespect, irresponsibility and selfishness.   IF you are with this man 6 months down the line and he shows you disrespect, is irresponsible or selfish - DONT COMPLAIN.  You saw this in that man 6 months ago and knew what you were getting.  Friend, make sure you are satisfied with your decisions and aim for what you deserve, don't settle for less than 100%.  Good luck to you :)

As he has a history of being financially irresponsible I''d say you're going to make a mistake if you stay with him. You should break off all future contract with him for your, and the babies, sake and seek adice.

great choice of sperm donors honey.  the odds are high that you will find out he's having sex with someone else and has her pregnant and you and the other girlfriend will have his kids and no child support.

Looks like you are kinda stupid

• edward

Is he not paying it on purpose? Like court ordered he doesn’t have to? Or he’s been dodging it?

he likely wont pay for your kid either

• MissA

Sure sounds like you did.

I wish I could 100% believe that you are Trolling, but I know too many women in real life who do make these decisions.