Mugundhan asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

My cockatiel chick is sick. I'm afraid of losing it. Can anyone please help me? ?

My lutino cockatiel is 25 days old. I bought it from a breeder when it was 14 days old. It was doing good. I fed it 4 times a day. It was active. Suddenly  on Dec 2 morning it was weak.  It's neck wasn't straight. It was too tired. It didn't take food. The vet said that it's diarrhoea and gave it antibiotic and a syrup to be fed 3 times a day after feeding.  On Dec 3 evening there was visible changes. The diarrhoea stopped and the poop was normal. I called the vet and he told me to stop the medicine. However it is weak and is sleeping all the time. It's not taking food too. I'm afraid of losing my cockatiel. Can someone please help me?  What could be the problem here? 

• patty

why would u get a bird that is 14 days old? I got my budgie when she was eight weeks old.

You are clearly overfeeding the bird. NORMALLY cockatiels would eat ONLY 15 grams of food per day.