if my pc shuts down unexpectedly and try to reboot itself. please what the solution?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Obvious PSU problem, go buy a 600+W cpu.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Check and see if any of your USB ports are damaged. Unplug all non essential cables and check if it still happens.

The last two times I had this problem, it was a usb port

• 2 months ago

shut off over clocking and check your cpu cooler for proper seating

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy a new PC. .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

it is difficult to say without taking a look at the PC - especially with your poor description (or the lack of) in your question..

`

normally, you'd see this kind of problems in laptops while attempting to play a game - especially the ones with poor heat management.. but you've asked this question under the 'desktop' category; so i am going to make some suggestions.. and if your PC is a Mac, i would not know how to begin solving the problem..

if your PC keeps on opening windows and then shutting down.. or if your PC is trying to open Windows but unable to load windows and simply rebooting from a black screen.. you can have either a software problem or a hardware problem..

if you have some expertise in installing hardware (or bring someone who knows about installing a hardware), open-up your computer case, disconnect all the hard-disk drives HDD and solid state drives SDD that you have.. and connect your PC into one empty hard drive HDD..

attempt to install windows on that empty drive.. and if windows is running normally, then it is most likely an OS problem or a software problem.. you may need to format your C: drive and install windows fresh..

but if the new HDD is having difficulty in running Windows with similar reboot problems then i see 2 common problems.. a power supply problem or an overheating problem..

with age, a power supply unit (PSU) can go senile even with adequate wattage to your system, the PSU can start going bad that may require replacement.. also, with inadequate ventilation, the motherboard would try to protect itself from overheating by shutting down your PC..

so here is are some suggestions;

- if you somehow over-clocked your system: CPU GPU etc.. .. make sure you revert back to normal performance..

- if you have messed up the cooling fan setups at the BIOS, make sure you revert those settings back to default settings..

- open the computer case, and remove as much dust, dirt, fur and hair-ball as you can.. i often use a simple hair dryer (with the heat set to low) to blow away any dust that can effect the performance of your fans and your cooling mechanism.. dust can contribute to the overheating problem, but dust can effect the PSU as well, so make sure you blow into the fans of the PSU as it can be very dusty.. HOPEFULLY, this would solve your problem and your windows boots up normally..

- if you have access to an unused PSU laying around.. unplug the current PSU from the motherboard and from other peripheries, do not remove the original PSU just yet.. simply take the second PSU and plug it to the motherboard and to your peripheries, leave the second PSU outside the case and turn on the PC.. if it runs normally on the second PSU, it means that the original PSU is broken.. UNFORTUNATELY, most people don't have an extra PSU nor the confidence to unplug and plug in PSUs by themselves, which is why most people would send their PC to repair-shops..

and finally, a GPU or the graphic card can go senile.. make sure it is plugged nicely, and if you have an extra graphic card laying around the house, unplug the old graphic card and plug in the other graphic card, and see if that works.. and if you have problems in formatting your HDD or SSD and problems installing Windows into the original HDD or SSD, that HDD or SSD can also go senile producing a very similar problem..

all the best

• 2 months ago

There is something wrong with it!

Figuring out _what_ is wrong is a bit trickier and rather more information is needed...

eg. to start with:

Does it do it completely at random, 

only after it's been running for a long time,

when playing graphical games,

when running a certain program..

Have you made any changes to the machine hardware or moved it at all?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.