Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Have you ever immigrated out of the united states over to europe? What are the steps you took in order to do that?

I'm determined to leave this country. I just don't have the money, setup, and focus right now in my life. I really hate the U.S.. Have been harassed and oppressed and have a slow family with an insane aunt that helped to ruin me during all of that. Serious question!

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

People who migrate do so by getting a visa and to get that visa it would normally be a family visa where the EU spouse sponsors the visa or people who have a high level degree and years of work experience get a job and the employer sponsors the work visa

nope and have no plans

• J

Good luck with dat.

No one wants a lousy american.

Try Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Somalia, Columbia, N-Korea

• Foofa

I have. I was headhunted by a foreign company who then sponsored my work visa. Funnily enough this employer never asked if I hated the US (because hatred of one's own country is never grounds for immigration to another). If having an insane aunt was sufficient for international relocation most of us would be eligible.

You need to qualify for an appropriate visa to allow you to move to a different country.

Every country sets their own requirements; generally you'll need a STEM masters degree + experience, and to find a sponsoring employer.

Just not liking your own country isn't a valid reason to move anywhere.

Also - the US is huge. Try living somewhere else in the country.

Yes, I lived in Italy for about 14 years for work. It took about 8 months to get all the paperwork in place for a work visa. In my case, it was relatively easy because my company asked me to move to the Italian office. Generally, you need to have skills, education and/or experience that aren't readily available to get a visa. You can also start up a business that will employ locals to get the visa.