can my assistant principal refuse me from doing online school?

i just had a meeting with him firstly about my attendance. i’ve been missing school because i’ve been planning on doing online school just waiting for them to contact me back. during the meeting i said i wanted to do online school and he told me you can’t start it during the semester and that tons of kids aren’t successful doing it. i’ve been strongly feeling like i want to do it but he told me i can’t. Can he do this? people have told me to just un-enroll myself from the school and then join online but i don’t know. help please! 

Sure he can.  If you wanted to do online school, you should have had that already set up months ago.  How do you plan on going on to second semester, when you haven't completed 1st semesters requirements??   

Your parent(s) or guardian should be driving the process for online school.

Changing right in the middle of a semester would be disruptive, as the online classes might not be exactly in sync with the traditional classes.  It's possible you would have to start over for your grade.

There's some truth to the statement that many students aren't successful at it.  I think it's the hard workers and those with intense parental help that succeed.  Be sure that you're that kind of person.

Why not do both?