Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 2 months ago

My friend said I can't do jury Duty?

My friend said most likely I will be dismissed from jury duty? My girlfriend works at a school, and one of the students she is around mom is a judge. 

I don't have a connection other than my girlfriend, and my girlfriend doesn't really know the judge, but has talked to her in passing, and is around her kids, and talks to them because of work.

Your friend may be mistaken. Being selected for a jury is a luck of the draw.

On the case I was on the jury for, the prosecutor was one of my friends on Facebook.

• R K

you can do jury duty.the only way you would be let off is if you know and have a personal relationship with the judge and your a prospective juror in a case she would be hearing and you know the defendant. you having a girl friend that knows a kid whose mother is a judge is not going to disqualify you