Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

"Sweet palatte" ?

I have a friend who claims they have to put sugar, like multiple tablespoons of sugar, in their sodas such as coca cola etc. Due to a "sweet palatte' and needing more sugar in things to be able to taste it. Is this a thing or are they just lying to cover up their sugar problem?

Update:

I should add that said friend insists this means they have a "sophisticated palatte" and uses it as a talking point a lot. To brag. 

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If she needs to add more sugar to be able to taste sometime that's not normal if what they are eating is already filled with sugar. Also someone consuming that much sugar sounds like she has more of a child's palate and not a "sophisticated"one. Really sounds like a badly made up excuse.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Uh the drink already has alot of sugar in it but it could be something that doesnt have to do with sugar at all

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think its a load of bullcrap

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

what a load of BS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Its fake. They obviously have a problem and you need to help them or else they are going to get diabetes. 

• 1 month ago

Yum...............

• 2 months ago

I like Sugar a lot

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the UK we call it a 'sweet tooth', I have one actually, but putting excess sugar in sodas does seem 'too much', to me.

Sounds like they have a 'problem'.

• 2 months ago

Let's just get these words sorted out.

Your friend has a sweet 'palate'. If something is 'unpalatable', it means you don't like its taste.

A 'palette' is what artists mix their paints on.

A 'pallet' is a low cheap bed made of straw.It can also be a stack of wooden shelves for stacking goods on to move them around inside a factory or shop.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have never heard the term sweet palatte used,and I don't think there is such a thing,I have heard the term sweet tooth used and what you said about them putting t sugar, like multiple tablespoons of sugar, in their sodas such as coca cola, kind of fits it, although doing what they said they did is a very extreme example of it.

• 2 months ago

There's no such thing as a "sweet palatte"  They are just making that up or maybe they actually believe it even though its completely ridiculous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.