Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

"Sweet palatte" ?

I have a friend who claims they have to put sugar, like multiple tablespoons of sugar, in their sodas such as coca cola etc. Due to a "sweet palatte' and needing more sugar in things to be able to taste it. Is this a thing or are they just lying to cover up their sugar problem?

I should add that said friend insists this means they have a "sophisticated palatte" and uses it as a talking point a lot. To brag. 

Favorite Answer

If she needs to add more sugar to be able to taste sometime that's not normal if what they are eating is already filled with sugar. Also someone consuming that much sugar sounds like she has more of a child's palate and not a "sophisticated"one. Really sounds like a badly made up excuse.

Uh the drink already has alot of sugar in it but it could be something that doesnt have to do with sugar at all

I think its a load of bullcrap

• Lolly

what a load of BS

Its fake. They obviously have a problem and you need to help them or else they are going to get diabetes. 

Yum...............

I like Sugar a lot

• denise

In the UK we call it a 'sweet tooth', I have one actually, but putting excess sugar in sodas does seem 'too much', to me.

Sounds like they have a 'problem'.

Let's just get these words sorted out.

Your friend has a sweet 'palate'. If something is 'unpalatable', it means you don't like its taste.

A 'palette' is what artists mix their paints on.

A 'pallet' is a low cheap bed made of straw.It can also be a stack of wooden shelves for stacking goods on to move them around inside a factory or shop.

• Bob

I have never heard the term sweet palatte used,and I don't think there is such a thing,I have heard the term sweet tooth used and what you said about them putting t sugar, like multiple tablespoons of sugar, in their sodas such as coca cola, kind of fits it, although doing what they said they did is a very extreme example of it.

There's no such thing as a "sweet palatte"  They are just making that up or maybe they actually believe it even though its completely ridiculous.