Hi asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Buproprian and Alcohol?

Hi, I just started buproprian 150 for depression and possibly ADHD. I don't drink very often, I do have a good tolerance. (5'3 140lb women btw). I don't plan on drinking more than a beer here and there, but in a few months is my 21st birthday and I want to do a bar crawl. I want to be safe since I know the med and alcohol don't mix well. I'm not too concerned about side effects of going off he med, so for this one time, if I went off the med for a bit before hand would that make it safer? If so, how long should I be off it to be safe? 

(Side note, I'm not 21 yet so I cant reallllyyy test its effects on me. I'll try and see if I can get a single drink to do a test, but idk if I'll be able to)

you're a woman you are one woman doesn't need to be in plural form. Also no don't drink on that medicine.

• Hi2 months agoReport

I absolutely could be multiple women, you don't know my life. I commend you for seeking out the tiniest error, you definitely have your priorities straight and I for sure will take your advice

If you want to be safe, ask your pharmacist, not a bunch of dodgy armchair experts.

Your pharmacist often knows more about drugs and medications than most doctors do.

Call the pharmacist and ask them.

• Janet

Don't drink at all. Don't do a bar crawl for your birthday. Sorry.

• blank

This is a question for a doctor. I would discuss it with them.