If I'm an autistic man in my late thirties why should I have to five years of painful physical labor to get on ssdi ?

Where as people in their early twenties only have to do like one year, plus my family charges me way too much for rent, my whole entire check of back breaking painful work has to go to rent, plus I have to report all my earnings to the social security office which is annoying as ****, I am the furthest thing from a patriotic American at this point, I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal because I'm disabled, what's there to like about a country that tortures you? 

The Social Security Disability program was created for WORKERS who could not work any longer.  The Supplemental Security Income program was create for people who had not worked long enough to meet the requirements of the SSDI program.  It seems that you are confused about the different programs. Everyone has to report income if they receive Social Security benefits.   As far as your family is concerned IF you are legally an adult you have the right to have a payee who would oversee the spending of your benefits, or if you do not need a payee you could move away from you family and live independently.  Contact the Social Security Office.

Source(s): Worked for Social Security for over 30 years.

Be glad you are eligible for SSDI at all. 5 years of work in exchange for a lifetime of benefits. There are other jobs than painful physical labor. Why not give it a go living in Europe and see how it goes.

• A C

So find a job that isn't so  physically demanding.