What is the IELTS Score Requirements for USA (Nurse)?

I read different posts about the requirements and it seems that there is no valid information about it. Anybody here who took IELTS and passed the requirements? I wonder what is the minimum score of it.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you are asking about applying for nursing school in the USA then American universities use the TOEFL (test of English as a foreign language) test and not the IELTS. Each university has its own entry requirements but you need to be very proficient in English for nursing school.

If you are asking about a work visa then there is no shortage of nurses in the USA.  In any event, you need an employer in the USA who can sponsor you for a work visa - you cannot apply for one on your own.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

IELTS is British English, and is used by UK, Canada, Australia, NZ - for example, to qualify to apply for admission to university. It is not generally used in the US. 

The test most commonly used for US is TOEFL. If you are applying for university admissions, schools set their own minimum scores. However, any score below the 90s-range, even if your score meets school minimums, will leave you in serious trouble. Even with TOEFL scores in the 90s, foreign students tell me they have a terrible time keeping up with classmates, and homework assignments typically take them twice as long as for native speakers.

What's with the "nurse" in parentheses? Are you trying to qualify for nurse visa? They were abolished well over a decade ago. Foreign nurses cannot be hired in the US.

• 2 months ago

you might be able to find that info online

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you might be able to find that info online

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.