Will the United States ever be friends with Cuba?

I know that due to Cuba being a communist country, Cuba will never be a US ally. But can the US and Cuba at least be cordial with one another someday?

Favorite Answer

'ever' is a really long time.  Eventually yes, we will be.  I don't see it happening soon though.

It's not just that Cuba is socialist, they're AGGRESSIVELY socialist.  Cuba has long supported revolutions to prevent the development of Latin American counties.  Just recently, they were instrumental in helping Nicolas Maduro cling to power and continue to starve his people under a mostly-socialist kleptocracy.

• The United States does not want to be friends with anyone

hopefully they will

Cuba a communist country? LOL no country on the planet was, is, or ever will be communist

• Kieth

I'm 58 years old, and nobody has been able to explain to me why we can't buy cigars from communist dictatorship Cuba, but we buy semiconductors, major appliances, cat food, and rubber vomit from communist dictatorship China.

• Susie

Sure, once the libs gain power they will become fast friends with communists.  

Its better for cuba to not have hordes of retarded american spring breakers running around trashing their country.