Skincare help! ?

I have naturally very dry skin, I was wondering if it's best to leave skin alone or wether to apply a rigorous skincare routine, I sometimes think adding lotions and potions may be making it worse and it's best to just let nature do its job. 

Any help appreciated :) 

Favorite Answer

I'm 66, and I don't use beauty products or skin care.  As you know:  your good genes, good diet, and HOW you protect your skin from aging which means too much sun and too much soaking in the tub/pool/beach are the skin's worst enemies, and NO AMOUNT of products can reverse skin damage, no matter how much you paid for them, or where you bought them or what brand. . . NO MATTER, they are not going to reverse the damage done back to baby's soft skin. No matter what the advertisement tells you.

My secret: lots of sunscreen, wash cloth to exfoliate using body wash each time you take a shower.   In other words LESS IS MORE.

Result: Baby silky, soft, smooth flawless skin.

Best sunscreen: wear dark, thicker clothing, floppy hat,, or sun clothing embedded with UPF 50,  or umbrella (which protects you up to 80% of the UV rays that cause sun damage penetrate clouds, according to the EPA).. They were invented to protect us from the elements. Your hair suffers also, so cover your hair before leaving the house. Use hats, scarves, bandanas or umbrella to protect your hair from harmful rays. Go out on Umbrella Day and find yourself an umbrella or three that suites your tastes and styles, and make sure one of them is strictly for use in the sun! Think 1930’s fashion.

25% of the sun damage occurs by age 18.

JENNIFER ANISTON advertise many products, from airline to beauty products, one Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15.  She’s on the front cover for Marie Claire Dec. 2016. A close-up photos of her deformed feet, page 192. Dried, flaky, discolored legs, you can see white flakes all over her leg! page 196, & 199. The Aveeno, really hasn’t helped her any.  That’s the result of NEVER EXFOLIATING her skin, and @ 48, she looks as bad as a 75 years old woman.

Gigi Hadid's photo showing dry skin, using the best products money can buy, showing by age 21, aging skin.

• Sur La Mer

You're welcome!
      You've got beautiful skin, take good care of it, continue your daily routine, keep them protected from chemicals & harsh elements.  Less is more!

I see no question posed here.

use a moisturizer or watch youtube videos about it

• Jerry

Remove make up promptly. Use a good face wash, not body soap. Moisturize as bedtime approaches each night and very lightly during the day as needed.  Use a freshly laundered cloth or paper product to pat dry with. No need for a box full of products or complicated regimen. 

I've been using Clinique for decades, but it's not cheap. So I'm sure to wait for those "free" gifts that have products I actually need and use. 

• Eva

A rigorous routine is probably not indicated, but using moisturizers and sunscreens would be. You wouldn't want to use scrubs or other abrasive cleansers.

Mfjfsfjsfhjsfyjjgddtjugdujgdujudj