Ariadni asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I found out my father has depression.What to I do?

This mornig I found his antidepressants.I already had some suspicions because of his convos with my mom but I never wanted to believe it.I am at total loss and do not know what to do.Should I tell my mom that I know?Should I tell my sister?Were they even planning to tell me?

Hope, being your own father you can give him better company and play some games together which he basically likes to play. Further you can take him to some aerobic exercises session and or swimming sessions if he likes to.

Once, if he has any grand children, the presence of grand children will automatically cure his depression or anything naturally. He might be feeling sad because none like you give the real company he needs during his old age.

If he is a widower, it is best to live together with him and your family in order to ensure such live love lessons as applicable to kids with us!!

Source(s): Own life experience of around 60 years on this planet Earth!!

I wish I never took antidepressants and believed the people warning people of its effects. It could be temporary or not, maybe just don't say anything ... Like you found a Tylenol.

If you're under 12, keep out of his hair till he gets better. Loud little kids will just make depressed men grumpier and more depressed. If older, your company (might) help him.

Millions of people are on anti depressants. It's very common. Jusy be there for him and don't cause trouble. Do things to help him and be nice and sympathetic.

You help him out as much as possible. I am sure he was there for you when you had different problems. Everything will be alright. He will get through his tough time. You listen to his problems; you show concern. You never turn him away or ignore him in his worse days. Just be calm and I hope all will work out.

Depression can happen,  you are his child, not his keeper.  Please keep that in mind.

• atomic fireball

I wish I had a caring family member like you  to express their concern when I was being misdiagnosed and given the psychiatric drugs over a period of years without being warned of how dangerous they could be and having all the symptoms of toxicity I was experiencing being ignored by the prescribers

• patty

talk to mum first.

Nothing, as it is not your concern

Source(s): nurse
    • Ariadni2 months agoReport

I should have adressed that I in fact did not snoop around or evesdrope on any conversations but reading those comments made matters worse.Im trying to be polite though.Thank you for understanding

I think this is very personal and if your dad wanted you to know he would have told you, I have friends on these meds and they have no problem talking about it because they know I will not judge them for something out of their control, I have a very close relationship with my daughter and I would have no problem telling her, just be a good daughter and make his life enjoyable.and if he wants to tell you then he will.

• Ariadni2 months agoReport

I would understand if he didnt want to tell me because I am his younger daughter.Im going to try and as much as I can to make his life enjoyable without having to worry.Thank you for your reply

Mind your own business. Would you act so stupid if it were high blood pressure pills?

• Edna

How "specific" did you want them to get?  Your father is being treated for depression. That's as "specific" as they need to get.