Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysThanksgiving · 3 months ago

Everybody has turkey on Thanksgiving, so why is it tradition to turn around and have turkey again on Christmas!?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Justin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people do. Many have ham instead, or ham together with turkey. Others have a beautiful pot roast or brisket. Still others have a feast of various Italian foods, like pastas or some other more 'cultural' celebration. Some kind of 'roast beast' is traditional, however. 

We have to give the Grinch something to try and steal don't we?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not everyone has turkey on Thanksgiving -- I don't; I serve Cornish hens -- and not everyone has turkey on Christmas either. I have served beef tenderloin, goose, and duck instead.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Ho Ho Ho, because Turkey is holiday food.

• Snoopy
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Not everyone celebrates thanksgiving. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

We like turkey. What can I say......

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Goose is actually the "traditional" meat to have on Christmas.  Most people no longer hunt so it hasn't remained popular.  A lot of people now have ham.

• 3 months ago

Only Americans have turkey on Thanksgiving. No-one else has Thanksgiving. Turkey at Christmas has become traditional in much of the English speaking world but only in the last century. The preferred Christmas bird before that was goose, not turkey. Goose is, in fact, a better bird. Its meat is far more moist than the dry flesh of turkey and it has a better flavour. Turkeys are larger birds and are better for larger gatherings.

There is no reason to have turkey for Christmas. Try goose instead. (Collect the fat that melts off the goose during cooking and use it to roast potatoes. Nothing better!) This year, I'm having venison for Christmas, last year was a sucking pig.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Frozen left overs from Thanks Giving.

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I never heard that it was. Turkey is traditional for Thanksgiving, but people have different things for Christmas. We usually had ham. I've even heard of families having things like lasagna every year.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I'll be getting tamales from the Cerritos Farmers' market, personally.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It's not, the tradition is to have Christmas Ham!!!!

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.