what to do when a customer is sexually harassing a worker?

in a job its illegal for for all workers to sexually harass other workers. but what if your work requires you to deal with customers? not all workers sexually harass, also customers too. but what do you do in a case where customers sexually harass you?

You're in Mexico, remember?

I am not aware that sexual harassment is illegal in Mexico.  I would DEFINITELY quit my job at McDonald's if you are being "sexually harassed" by customers.

Get them a room.

• Foofa

Business are allowed to ask unruly patrons to leave. So you'd get your manage to do just that.

Around 1991 I had a very similar situation. We were in the wholesale automotive industry serving over 200 shops. I had a younger female that complained to me and I just avoided sending her there. When the customer asked his deliveries were running late, I told him she was uncomfortable going there. At that point he threatened to go elsewhere. I thanked him for his business and said we would no longer service his shop. An hour later my boss called, asked why so in so had called for him. I explained and he supported my actions, but felt I should have contacted him. The driver had asked me not to. 

Call the police and have the customer charged. Then kick them out and ban them from the store. No brainer.

That's called third party harassment, and your supervisor has the authority to put a stop to it. Tell your boss.

If the same customer is repeatedly harassing you, you can call the police. I've seen episodes of Live PD where this was done-it was usually a drunk guy in a bar. The customer can be ordered not to come to the place of business again, and if trespassed by the police, and they return, they can be arrested.

This is not for one episode of a customer saying something sexual to you. There's not a whole lot you can do about that- but about real harassment, which is a repeated pattern of behavior.

• Sally

You don't have to put up with it, but you need to ask your own boss how he or she would like you to handle it.

Sexual harassment is illegal regardless of if it's an employee or not. Obviously, is a customer is sexually harassing you, you would report it to your boss/company.

• blank

If you are the one being harassed, bluntly tell the patron to stop.  Immediately report the issue (and every time it happens) to your manager.   IF the manager does not get the person to stop OR 86 the person from the business, you could build a case for a hostile workplace suit.  

Just because it's a customer harassing you does not mean you have to tolerate it.