2006 Chrysler Pacifica window problem?

We own 2006 Chrysler Pacifica window problem- We recently purchased a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and the windows seem to be having trouble going up and down. My husband is a pretty good handy mechanic but he’s not a real mechanic. And he can’t figure out how to get them to go up and down with the button. A lot of times they just stay down and we can’t get them back up is even taking the door apart and can’t find the problem does anybody have an answer or any suggestions

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Fuse, relay, switch, motor and regulator.  Replace all of them.  Or you can take the car to a mechanic and get a proper diagnosis.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Spray WD-40 down the edges of the windows using the straw that comes with the can. He should have lubricated the run channels when he had the door panels off. If that doesn't help replace the window motors and regulator assemblies.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You pay.  You take it to an autobody shop and tell them your problems.  They have guys that specialize in doing that.  Window track alignment is off and pinching the window .  The tracks must be parallel 100 %  not 95% for the full length of the travel.  So much "bucking" around, I would rather give it to the guys who know how to do it and cinch it up tight then mess with the adjustments.  It is SUCH A BOTHER.  Not worth my time and aggravation.

40+ year mechanic.  Body shop **** is a different category...of mechanics.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

This vehicle does not have a track.  It has a regulator which is sort of like a pulley system. 

• 2 months ago

If the motor is working, you need to replace/fix the regulator.

There are videos on youtube on how to get to this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.