Why can't right-wingers just take a right-wing attitude to tackling climate change instead of lying about it ?

Things like phasing out fossil fuel subsidies 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Cash cash cash...voters really need to vote on other things other then their retarded desire for cash.

This answer will cist you a bull two mares and your prettiest daughter as long as she's between the age of 14 to 17,!

Pay up!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's you guys that are lying about it.

• 2 months ago

Why tackle climate change? It's not caused by man. Nature is driving it, and nothing we can do will stop it. The planet warms then cools, then repeats the cycle. The emergency is not warming, it is the fact that cooling follows warming. When it turns cool then the money-train ends. That is the emergency.

That, and the fact that cooling trends have real negative impacts, unlike the imaginary problems that supposedly come from warming. 

Remember, all the dire predictions about warming never actually come to pass. But, if you only read the popular press you'd not know that. 

You must track the predictions yourself to see if they happen. It also helps to read actual climate research studies to see the real state of the science. The popular press only presents one side.

Attachment image
    • So why do you prefer lying? You seem to have gone right out your way too with a graph and a whole bag back story, would it not just be easier to tell the truth?

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I've asked questions along this line several times and you're absolutely right, they can't answer the question.  I think this question would have been even more salient if you'd left out the "additional information" about subsidies.  That just gives them an opportunity to yammer about what subsidies are or aren't rather than giving a solution.

The question for them should be: "How can you quickly (over a span of a few decades) eliminate the use of fossil fuels using a free market approach?" I don't think there is an answer to that--at least not from people like JimZ and graphicconception. THAT is the reason they attempt to denigrate the science (and at this point in the game, they just sound like fools doing it). I'm not saying that there isn't a free market approach that would work, but the clowns in here don't know what it is.

They can't come up with an answer that agrees with their free market world view, so they're forced to lie about the science.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Those that lie about it are those that suggest giving money to the corrupt in government is a solution.  Your so called subsidies are nothing more than taxes that government told you they want from fossil fuel companies but haven't collected yet.  In reality, those taxes are passed on to the useful idiots that were stupid enough to fall for the "subsidies" argument.  Fossil fuel companies aren't paying those taxes.  YOU ARE.  

What is it with alarmists that they are so easily fooled about things that are pretty easy to research and figure out?  If you make Exxon Mobil pay increased taxes, that does nothing to their bottom line since they pass on those costs to consumers.  The government is getting more revenue from you, not greedy Exxon Mobil executives.  It astounds me that these sorts of tactics can work over and over again.  There is a reason you pay so much for energy.  It isn't Exxon Mobil.  It is your lying corrupt government.  

• ...Show all comments
    • Daro
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Thats cause NOTHING will stop the climate from changing. U people lying thru your teeth advocating communism ....not gonna change relity

• 2 months ago

First you need to find out what constitutes a subsidy.

In the UK, for instance, to keep costs down for the lowest paid, the tax rate on energy is reduced. That reduction qualifies as a subsidy.

Think about that. The energy company gets no more money. There is no money leaving the government. It is just a reduction in tax.

All kinds of tax breaks given to energy and other  companies can count as subsidies depending on how someone decides to calculate it.

Then there are the extra taxes that energy companies pay that they are never given credit for. We have a special tax on gasoline in the UK for instance. Oil companies have to pay extra taxes for drilling in certain areas of the sea as well.

Basically it goes like this: I tell you that you owe me $1,000,000. Governments do that sort of thing. Then I let you off 60% of it. Do you feel better now? You only owe me $400,000. Oh, and you have just received a subsidy of $600,000. See how that works?

What do you mean you can't pay me the $400,000 you owe me? You have just received a subsidy of $600,000!

• Daro
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Thats the oldest method for controlling people. Raise a tax extremely high, then hand out special deductions to favored individuals. Our gov. does that all the time. Thats one reason our founders required direct taxes to be collected indirectly (apportionment) to reduce the probability of abuse

• 2 months ago

you mean the subsidies big energy companies earn for doing billions in research on alternate energies?

oh wait..... you didn't know that Big Oil companies have led the way on developing things like fuel cell technology..... did you?

• Daro
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Liberals have been taught to count the standard business deductions that oil companies get (like every company in America gets) when they lose money as "Giveaways to BIG OIL". Wanna smear someone just call em "big......" even tho no one is as big as government.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

LOL.  Fossil fuel companies pay billions in taxes--far more than they receive in any subsidies.

• Daro
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

They dont actually receive subsidies. Libs count the deductions for regular business as "giveaways to big oil". Handouts like the Solyndra fiasco, they dont wanna hear abut those

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

most don't know what science is or how it works

and they let con media tell them what to think or feel

• Daro
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You mean like goofy Maddow? She vomits up propaganda and liberals lick it up off the sidewalk

• 2 months ago

If they chose the right-wing attitude they'd be the "bad guys" since they're argument is "yes, we're killing the Earth and dooming all of civilization BUT.... $$PROFITS$$$!". They'd rather lie about it.

• Anonymouse2 months agoReport

stop dividing this country k thx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.