Ummm what kind of plant is this?!?

Hey, guys. Plantlover38 here. Just realized that there is a plant in my classroom and wanted to help my teacher out with it. It’s dying slowly. At night...it can still feel its fallen leaves... Its depressed... 😐

Anyway, SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!! 🗿 Thanks, guys! 🥰

- Plantlover38

Favorite Answer

It looks like a mother in law's tongue.  But the real issue is that it's pot bound (at least split it into 2 parts, 4 is even better, with lots of soil around the roots of the new pots you put them in).  It may be either too dry, if water is running straight through the pot (because there's too little soil to hold the water in among the roots), or it's getting too much water (if you are watering it more than once a week or letting it sit in water).  You might also try placing it closer to a window, where it can get intense indirect sunlight but not direct sunlight.  Direct sunlight might scorch the leaves.  When you repot it, be sure to use fresh potting soil, preferably one with Miracle Grow in it, so it gets more nutrition.

Needs more soil and a bigger pot! And no hand cleaner.

• Andy

It's almost certainly not Hosta. I think that it's a species of variegated Sansevieria though I don't know which one.

Hosta, needs to keep it watered and it really, really needs a bigger pot.

• Almond-Man2 months agoReport

The leaves seem thicker than a hosta to me