Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 2 months ago

Why does everyone talk about San Francisco like it’s filthy or full of homeless drug addicts?

That's what makes the news.

Probably because it's filthy and full of drug addicts.  

SF is a big city, and big cities are dirty.  And let's not pretend San Fran doesn't pride itself on being friendly to drug users.  It was the center of the hippie movement, it's the capital of the SJW movement, and there's a massive opioid crisis going on everywhere on the continent.  Put all that together, and it's just basic math.

• RP

I'd question "everyone", but we do have problems with homelessness, drug addicts, public sanitation, etc.

• Jerry

Beats me. When I visit I find it easy and safe to get around by mass transit, never have a problem finding a clean safe public rest room. 

• John

Actually it is Fox News/alt-right. I even ID-ed one out of his anonymous cloak because of certain language.  California is all they can't have, and San Francisco is Nancy Pelosi central. They don't have any ideas so they specialize in personal attack. You can't even count how many of those their idiot leader has had. They are bullies and cowards so they are easily chased off. It is a city. It acts like a city. Don't come here if you don't understand this.

• DEBS

Because it is a problem.  I'm there a couple times a year.  Yes, I see people shooting up on the sidewalk with cops driving by not caring.  Yes, the last 4 times I've been near Market generally between Union Square and Moscone Center I've seen human feces on the sidewalk or actually seen someone with their pants down crapping.  

Yes, it is a beautiful city when you close your eyes to the haves and have-nots.  Yes, you can go to areas and not see that, but this is an issue in SF without question.  It is something the City absolutely should be focused on.  

Maybe they find pleasure staying in their backwater, small midwestern town and will only ever see San Francisco as it’s portrayed on Fox News.  

• John

Traffic there is really really horrible. I live 60 miles from there and NEVER go to see the sights there.

Well, I just do it because it's kind of funny.

Conservatives do it because they live in a propaganda-filled world. It's not like many of them have been to SF recently. They're trying to depict liberal cities as shtholes... as if high tech cities are worse than backwater meth towns, not that all small towns are that bad.