I'm transgender, and my family is Christian, how do I come out to them?

I guess this the third time I'm comeing out, I came out as bisexual a long time ago, my sibling and patents know it, and I'm staying with my mom until I get steady on my own two feet, dont talk to dad much anymore, we got into an argument because I was sick of him talking bad about my mom, I also once tried to come out as transgender before, but my dad called me stupid and my mom asked me to just try be happy as a guy, so I did, I hated seeing her so upset, but that was three-four years ago, and now the only people who know I'm out are a handful of my friends, my mom knows how a feel and my sister thinks I'm an idiot for it, while my dad belives I'm straight, dispite the fact I told him I had a boyfriend... my brother thinks I'm just bisexual, and my grand parents, I dont know how to tell my Catholic Grandmother, and my grandfather, I fear haveing him reject me just as much, they mean alot to me, I am still a Christian, I dont believe God made a mistake and made me a boy instead of a girl, I just know how I feel, and I want to not spend the rest of my life wishing I had the guts to transition, I also know God forgives, and well I dont remember seeing anything in the bible saying "thou shalt not make thine penis a vagina!" But takeing what I do know I feel like this would be less a sin than being gay. although,  it seems the Catholic church is becoming somewhat accepting of homosexuals, but that is not the point, how could I come out? And not get disowned by my grandparents?

• Favorite Answer

Well it helps if you have reached a certain level of self-acceptance with yourself before taking on the family. I'm going to post a couple links that helped me back in the day and maybe they can help both you and your family.

http://forum.beginninglifeforums.com/index.php/t/1...

http://www.whosoever.org/v2Issue2/starchild.html

"it seems the Catholic church is becoming somewhat accepting of homosexuals"

That may be true at the parish level, but not by the Vatican. The official line is still that all LGBT are "intrinsically disordered". The current pope has even said trans people are as dangerous as nuclear weapons. So don't go looking for help or acceptance from organized religion because such acceptance is very hard to find. Take pride in who you are and don't compromise your identity for anyone.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)

**** your parents. When you're ready, come out. If they don't accept you, try to move on. Dysphoria will hurt much more than the rejection of your parents.

Once you are 18, you don't need to be around them.

http://www.drbecky.com/therapists.html

• reme_1

Truthfully everything depends on your age. If you are almost finished with school and plan on going to college, go to one NOT so close to family. That will give you some space to be yourself. Make sure the college is LGBT friendly- you will need their support. You have already come out to your family whether they support you or not. Religious people usually do not. CAll the gay center and the transgender support group for help finding a doctor to be tested for gender dysphoria and start the appropriate hormones. You have a hard journey ahead of you , with the surgeries and the learning curve being a woman. Reach out to the LGBT community. You are going to need a job to save up for the medical services you need so maybe you can go to college PT and work FT.

In the mean time tell your parents you are well and working hard being the person you are supposed to be. Maybe you can write a letter to your grandparents about whatyou are going thru. They may or may not support what you are doing. After all they are older and religious. Contact PFLAG.org to get info for your family. They are a wonderful support group made up of mostly parents of LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents. Be prepared for your grandparents to freak out. There is nothing you can do about that. Just tell them that you love them but you need to be who you really are inside. I hope that some members of your family will be there in your corner -- one for the emotional support and two for the financial support. Please ask the gay center for a welcoming church- one that welcomes LGBT people. You need to hear that. You also need to meet people who are not religious. I wish you the best. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

They're not listening to God.

I wouldn't, especially in that toxic environment. Wait till you're out of the house or something