Is Loki from Marvel “evil” (a villain) or misunderstood, what do you think? ?

I’m talking about Loki from the Marvel movies, not the comics. Specifically in Thor (2011) and Avengers (2012) was he being evil there or no, what’s your opinion 

Favorite Answer

Loki in the comics is flat out evil.  No question.  And it's clear that when the MCU started using him, he was evil and going the same route, but Tom Hiddleston just NAILED the character.  And since a trickster god is so easy to resurrect (he tricked you into thinking he died), they wisely brought him back.  But the more they brought him back the more they grew his character and set him on a redemptive arc and made him sympathetic.  

So at this point, I would say definitely NOT evil.  He's more trying to decide for himself what he is.  And he's going to get his own Disney+ show, so he'll probably become even more ambiguous.

Can I just say as a semi-related rant, it is a HUGE mistake for superhero movies to kill off their villains.  They don't do it in the comics, it's not in character for the heroes, and it denies you the opportunity to use that character again in the future.  Stop it.  Let the Joker live!  Let Hela live!  

Okay, someone like Thanos probably has to die at the end of Endgame...he's been around for TEN YEARS, and it would be unsatisfying to the audience not to finish him.  Or someone like Zod, or the Just-us League Motherbox guy who was so bad I can't even remember his name...they're too destructive to keep around.  But most supervillains can and should survive at the ends of movies.  Especially in these long-running cinematic universes.

Loki is my favorite. He is not evil... Just he's doing what's good for him.

Obviously misunderstood... hes the best

• Noah

He's a villain and hero!

• In

I tend to think Loki is more of a tragic than evil figure being marginalized by his adopted father and always being in second place behind his more popular "brother".

I think Loki's more of a grey area, he's not really good or evil.  And those are the only times he's really been a villain.  In Thor he did manipulate his family to usurp the throne which is pretty bad.  But in Avengers he was actually being controlled by the Mind Stone Thanos used on him.  His attack on Earth wasn't really his own doing.

well, he is "Evil" but its because of his powerless and weak childhood that made him the control freak that he came to be