Why does someone from the Teamsters union keep stopping by my apartment?

My boyfriend was let go from a job that he was in the Teamsters union a few weeks back. A guy from the union has stopped by 3 times already, no call ahead as far as I know, my boyfriend doesn't answer unknown numbers he just waits for the messages. He says he wants to talk about benifits. He says that my boyfriend can keep them at no charge. The union guy is coming back next Sunday, does anyone know if this is for real? What does guy want so bad from my boyfriend?

• Tj
    Favorite Answer

Have your bf call the Union headquarters and find out if this guy is who he says he is.

• ron h

If your BF gave your address as his, the union guy thinks he's stopping at your BF's apt.   Why is your BF afraid to meet this guy?  (I'd bet that your BF made more money on a union job than he ever has anywhere else)

have your bf call them 

Vhhvhvhcchchgccgcgcg

Jfufigivihkhifudycigigigifufufufig

My guess is that since he is still a member of the union regardless of whether he still has that particular job. Perhaps the guy is checking up on him to possibly help him find another union job.

Correct but not exactly?

i wouldnt think its real if hes coming on a sunday

Because he wants to help your boyfriend.When your in a union the unions stands up and fights for you kind of like a lawyer does.They will negotiate with the company for you and let you know all your employment rights and and benefits.

• Murzy

He wants him to continue paying his dues.

• ron h
      3 weeks agoReport

no.  (He was makin' good money BECAUSE he was union.