Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Why are kids so tall these days? Can I still grow? ?

I’m a 16 year old girl and around 5’3.75.. Apparently the average height for a woman is 5’4. But I meet many 10-14 year olds, especially girls, who tower over me. My 12 year old sister is about the same height as me. It honestly makes me insecure, I hate meeting kids that are a couple years younger than me and they are taller. I wish I had what they have. Is it possible to at least reach 5’5? Because that was my predicted adult height, and my doctor said she thinks I still have some growth left.

If you are 16, probably you wont grow any more. 

Kids you meet at the age of 10-14, who are tall, out of these, many female kids stop growing right after 14.

The reason predicted height is wrong, because the person who predicted your height, guessed it wrong. He or she assumed, you will grow till 18, but even guys stop growing after 16. Theres only a inch of height that grows in boys after 16. 

But if these kids are having super huge diet, and parents from a well fed family, trust me, they may even grow a feet extra after 16, 

But woman, never grow anything more once they reach 14. 

• kelvin

also depends on how tall your mom is

Those young girls have hit puberty early--they won't end up much taller than you. They will stop growing within 3 years of their first periods like most females do. If your dr says you still have some growth, well, obviously you might grow...but don't expect inches, expect fractions at your age, unless you started puberty very late.

• kelvin

NO THEY DON'T AND THAT PERIOD THING IS A LOAD OF GARBAGE BS

cause god made them that way, i would just be thankful youre not 4ft5 like me

No, unfortunately you are a dwarf and will not ever grow taller. Slang terms for this medical condition also include: midget, lil homie, and chonks.