Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Is the reason why blacks don't support Pete Buttigieg because he's gay?

From my experience a lot of black men and even many black women but mostly black men are extremely homophobic. Why would they prefer Biden—a man who supported busing segregation and mass incarceration of black men—over a young and intelligent man who has not done anything racist?

Buttigieg is a centrist like Biden with a better record. He's more likely to finish his term too and win a second one. Gay men tend to be more empathetic to others, and he's talked about blacks positively. Yet, he's rejected because he's gay. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Sally
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

yes it is.  Also Buttigieg wants decent moral people to pay for the healthcare of queers suffering from multiple STDs.  

Source(s): www.NAACP.org
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

With older black voters there may be some of that but a lot of younger people point to poor race relations in the small city Mayor Pete manages.

• 2 months ago

The biggest reason is the way he has ran the city of which he is the mayor.  Has done nothing to help the Blacks nor anyone else in that city.

Former SSgt.

• Ibredd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How could a person with a soul vote for such

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am american and black. I support anyone except trump. He doesn’t represent my demographic of the underdogs. Btw stop speaking for other Americans.

• don
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Thanks for proving your blind hatred and utter stupidity.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're absolutely right 100%. But be prepared to have the PC police make up a thousand excuses on here. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't think that is the biggest reason. They simply like Biden more because he was VP under Obama.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Come to think of it, most Blacks I know support President Trump and sneer at the Democratic 2020 lineup the same way the majority of Americans of other groups do as well.

You could say we are all "united" against Democrats.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He doesn’t promise housing subsidies just for blacks like Kamala Harris does.  

• 2 months ago

Hillary couldn't get the black vote either. Nor can Bloomberg now.

Black people aren't dumb. They know Obama did nothing for them and they don't want another corporatist. They want a populist. But rather than admitting this, corporate Democrats are now trying to paint all black people as homophobic, they are resorting to pretty much racism to apologize for their horrible candidates. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.