Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 4 months ago

Travel to Thailand with kids?

My boyfriend will be purchasing tickets for myself & my son to fly over to Thailand from across seas. Now, there's no father on the birth certificate or passport for my son. He's 6. We are from Ontario Canada, I've read I need a letter of consent? I would think that doesn't apply to me considering I'm the only one my son has. Kinda confused. 

Your son has a father, even if the birth certificate don't say so. If you were impregnated by a human male, then that man is the father. If you were the Virgin Mary and your son was the son of God, then you would need a letter of consent from God (I am not being serious). If you can prove that the father is dead, then you probably should not need a letter of consent (but do bring proof of his death, in case they don't believe you). But if the father is alive, it would probably be best to get the letter from him to be on the safe side.

• Foofa

If you have sole legal custody of your child you shouldn't need any kind of permission letter from his sperm donor.

a)  Passport -- He can travel on your passport if he is put in it, but as a 6 year old, he should have his own passport. A child's passport has an earlier expiry date than an adult passport.

b)  If there is no father shown on the birth certificate, I believe you do not need a letter of consent with you at the immigration check-point. As I am unsure, I would suggest you check with the Canadian immigration department.

You might need a notarised copy of the birth certificate, but check with immigration. 

Oh just don't be sex slaves with them!!!

Bh9iyrrdddcc. Bbbb