Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Can someone please make a list of all the M.D. as well as D.O. schools that do not have Biochem. as a prerequisite?

Update:

In the U.S.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Good luck with that request Snowflake.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Wow, just wow. Hope you don't pass your MCAT with such an absurd question...

• 2 months ago

None. I don't even want to think of a doctor who hadn't had biochem. That's the basis for ALL the courses in med school. 

• 2 months ago

the required list ==> <== afaik, there are none

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Biochemistry is absolutely essential to the medical field.  You might as well try to take Engineering without Physics.  Actually, chemistry is a fascinating subject.  The problem is, there is a lot to learn, and too little time to master it. 

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

where at? surely you cannot expect a list from the whole world...?

• 2 months ago

Good luck on finding out of those.  An understanding of the relationship between biology and chemistry is going to be essential for any medical degree.  If you do not want to take that class, or can not pass it, you should not try to be a doctor.

• I don't think I'd appreciate the idea of having a doctor who doesn't understand the basics of how biology and chemistry are fundamentally related.

If you can't get through Biochem, then maybe you shouldn't be a doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.