Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Cousin slept with boyfriend while we were broken up?

I was with him for 3 years. We broke up for 2 weeks. I found out in his messages from a over year ago. He had sex with my cousin twice. This happened a year and a half ago. My cousin is 40 and we're in our 20s. She got pregnant and had an abortion. They both regret having sex. She doesn't want anyone to know. Should I confront them about it or not say anything?

Should I just mention them having sex or mention the abortion too?

Favorite Answer

Get rid of both.

Your ex boyfriend is a scumbag and so is your cousin. 

• Ricky

Dam. S hit like that happens

I would say confront them both, tell them how you feel. It’s not your fault in any way, shape, or form. And it is not something that you should have to have bottled up inside especially if you love this man and want to continue to be with him. A relationship is about trust, loyalty and happiness. Broken up for two weeks or not that was not the right choice to make. Good luck girly keep your chin up! 

It happened when you were 'broken up', so you were not being cheated on. Its quite a common occurrence, so there is no reason for you to get upset about it, it could very easily have been you. Its now over and done with, its in the past, so what point would there be in confronting them about it ?

Try to activate your sense of superior diplomacy, and stop thinking like a

petulant child.

• Linda

I would let it go because you were not together then officially, and you wouldn't even know about this otherwise if you hadn't been snooping. He obviously has moved past this and he is with you now, so let it go. 

Forget about mentioning the abortion, but do let him know how you feel, and then promptly dump him.

You were broken up at the time. What he did while you were broken up doesn't count for anything.

• Foofa

Since you have this information you might put both of their minds to ease by telling them you know so they no longer have to keep it a secret. Obviously since you were broken up with the guy at the time this is none of your business. But if they've been worrying about it it would help them to know you're not going to get crazy about it.

• Andrew Smith

I can see your point.  But what if they HAVEN'T been worrying about it.  Think that it is all water under the bridge.

• mmm

wow - how is the relationship now?  any better?