If Los Angeles (MY city) is SO messed up, why does this ONE CITY have a BIGGER ECONOMY than 46 of the 50 states?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 days ago

The size of the economy is only an indication of how fast money is changing hands. It does not indicate quality of life or life styles. It means a lot of people make a living moving Item a from bin one to bin two. Non-productive money turn around and nothing more.

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

You're right, of course, not that Newell's capable of understands something so simple. <sigh>

• 7 days ago

You have have money and still be fcked up.

I live in San Francisco. We're same boat as LA

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

That's just it, you see! 

Newell doesn't HAVE any money - she got fired from her cushy job and is now trapped in that hellhole called the "gig economy". <barf>

• 7 days ago

Same reason CA debts exceed its assets. 

According to one of my hard drives you live in SF at least that is what you said last week. 

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

Newell's always been a champeen blocker. Makes her FEEL good or something. So sad.

• 7 days ago

Most of the serious problems California has are the result of overcrowding.  Because everyone wants to live here!  Republicans like to talk about everyone leaving California, but the population continues to rise.  Housing is short, there just aren't enough places to put everyone, so the poorest 1% or so are living in tents under overpasses. 

When I see posts from people in Oklahoma and Kansas and Mississippi and Alabama bashing California, I always just figure they're envious.  There are certainly worse places you could live than the West Coast!

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

Bwaaaaah-haaaaa-haaaaa!!!!

Good one, Mr. Rocket Scientist, good one!

Most of the serious problems California has are the result of...wait for it now!...overspending.

Yes, "liberal" (I DO hate to be the one to break it to you), your Dem pols spend like it's going out of style. So very sad. <sigh>

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 days ago

Why are you number one in poverty? Why are you ranked last in quality of life?

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

How's that Echo Park thang been working out for ya, Newell? Please share, honey!

• Anonymous
    7 days ago

Do go hm hm huu

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.