Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 days ago

Am I the only person that things boneless chicken thighs are slimy and nasty ?

I hate the texture of boneless chicken thighs. I know majority of the world said they are more tender but if you marinate or brine chicken breast they can be just as tender. And with the right seasonings like mrs dash, natures seasoning, Weber seasoning, grill mates seasoning etc it can be extremely delicious. Chicken breasts look better in picture and they are easier to make chicken tenders/ chicken sandwhiches with because the cut is more uniform. I like chicken thighs with bone in because the skin is crispy and full of flavor but chicken thighs that are boneless are just too slimy for my taste 

• denise
    7 days ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want low priced chicken thats tender in the long run, thighs are the best for that, just wear gloves, [plastic ones] when handling them.

• Jerry
    6 days ago

Isn't ALL raw meat slimy and nasty? 

• IvaB
    7 days ago

Individual taste is an impossible argument to win or lose.Everyone has,and is entitled to their own opinion.So,I wouldn't say that you're the only one,your just being you,if you get my meaning.

• Clive
    7 days ago

The majority of the world is right.  Breasts go dry so you have to marinate or brine them.  You don't have to do that with thighs.  Just looking better in a picture doesn't make them taste better.

• 7 days ago

Probably not but you are in a minority.

7 days ago

No, you're not the only person - my old Uncle Norman thinks the same thing.

• 7 days ago

I smell a troll

• audrey
    7 days ago

Thighs are the best part of the chicken. Moist and juicy. Not all dry and nasty like breast meat.

• Dimo
    7 days ago

Q.  " Am I the only person that things boneless chicken thighs are slimy and nasty ? "

A.  Of course not.  There are lots of other idiots in the world.

A lot of foods are "slimy and nasty" -- but only idiots refuse to use them.  Like butter!

• Speed
    7 days ago

Chicken thighs are dark meat, which contains a lot more fat. So that slimy mouth feel you hate is just you not liking the fat content. You probably don't like duck or goose either, for the same reason.

Chicken breast meat is nearly fat-free.