Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 days ago

Why does my wife want me to cook when we have a daughter in culinary school that is more then capable ?

We have a 26 year old daughter living with us that is more than capable. I don’t see why I should do it when cooking is her passion. She cooks all the time. My wife always complains when our daughter cooks but she’s not going to get a home cooked meal unless our daughter cooks it because I work 12 hour days first of all. Second of all, I was cooking many years before when the kids were small children. I would cook breakfast food and things like that. When our daughter moves out we just won’t have home cooked meals because I do not have the energy and my wife doesn’t know how to cook. We will probably just be eating a lot of salads and sandwhiches which is fine with me. I don’t eat a whole lot anyways. My wife told me she wanted me to cook fried shrimp and fried chicken tenders and Cajun fries for Christmas instead of the traditional Christmas dinner. I looked at my wife like why are you asking me, I’m not the cook of the family” she was like “ you know your daughter makes a mess in the kitchen. Just cook it this one time.” Crazy thing is that my wife makes much more of a mess just with her take out food so that’s just an excuse to try to get me to cook. What’s my wife’s deal? Why is she trying to get me to cook when we have a daughter in culinary school. 

• denise
    7 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Get your daughter to teach your wife some 'easy' recipes so she can cook you a meal or two during the week, when your daughter does'nt cook, then maybe you could cook a weekend meal when your not working.

Your wife 'needs' to learn some basics, we're none of us 'too old' to learn.

• Clive
    6 days ago

This is a family question, not a cooking question.

• 6 days ago

You’d just said why. She makes a mess in the kitchen. Seems she’s never going to be motivated to learn to cook, and you’ll have to tell her straight you’re not doing it anymore.

6 days ago

Maybe she actually prefers YOUR cooking?

7 days ago

Why doesn't your fake daughter teach your fake wife how to cook?

As you've been told 1309487039487 times, if you want to know why, you'll need to ask HER. 

• audrey
    7 days ago

Maybe your wife wants some real people food. Culinary students often cook weird strange fancy dishes that an ordinary person doesn't care for. Give in and cook Christmas dinner. Then tell her that's it.

• Cammie
    7 days ago

What will you do when daughter moves out ? When you're hungry when she's not there ? Everyone should take care of all the chores in the home.

• 7 days ago

Hm... I don’t think this is about cooking, I think it’s about control.  She is trying to dominate and control you.

• 7 days ago

Good question could she be jealous of y’all daughter skills or just in considerate of others time and abilities? Pray over the matter keep a calm heart and peace of mind and try to remain peaceable seems like she should be grateful especially since she not in the kitchen as much no natural affection.

• 7 days ago

Tell your wife to get her *** in the kitchen and learn how to cook