Jim asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

How Does It Work for Businesses Located Inside other Businesses?

What I'm talking about is if you have a Starbucks located inside a Macy's store or a Dunkin Donuts inside a Costco.  Do the employees officially work for Starbucks/Dunkin as in their paycheck comes from them?

I've seen the employees wearing special name tags that say their name and "Starbucks at Macy's".  I've also heard that there is a Starbucks inside the Pentagon and the potential employees have to go to the same security clearance as the Pentagon employees.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It doesn't matter where they coffee shop is located, they're going to get a pay check from the shop they work for. It's just to help identify the location of the coffee shop. 

I doubt they have the same securitty clearance as the Pentagon. You don't need security clearance like that to work for those companies. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Starbucks employee works for Starbucks and gets their check from them. If they work in the Pentagon bldg they need a security clearance to have access to the building.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You work for whoever signs your paycheck.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Usually a rental fee and a percentage of the sales.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are typically paid by the "substore".

<I've also heard that there is a Starbucks inside the Pentagon and the potential employees have to go to the same security clearance as the Pentagon employees.

Well, of course they do.  Would you want it any differently?

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are employed by the coffee shop not the store

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.