Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 days ago

Do you agree with Sanders and Warren that when they lay off 2M people in healthcare insurance that they can just sell life insurance instead?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    7 days ago

Based on the Canadian experience sixty years ago the clerical workers not required in a single payer system will find jobs elsewhere and the sales people will do so as well, while health care becomes universally accessible and affordable.

How bad is that? Sanders and Warren are being taken out of context. Warren, at least, has acknowledged that there will be some disruption, but her numbers are being deliberately taken out of context. Listen, Canada has been doing this since Lyndon Johnson was President. Are we that much less capable?

• 7 days ago

Yes, those 2 million people working in health care INSURANCE (that do not provide any health care) are wasted dollars. Currently 30% of the money insurance companies take in does not pay for medical care. 30% wasted.

Yes, those 2 million people will need to find other careers. The people that made tube radios had to find new careers. The market for horse drawn carriages has all but disappeared. Times change, new careers are created and old ones go away. Such is life.

Funny, every other developed nation has figured out how to make universal health care work. I would hope the richest nation on the planet can figure it out. If we can't, we don't deserve to be the richest nation on the planet.

• Anonymous
    7 days ago

Since I haven't heard either of them say that I can't help but wonder if you're making that up

• EdWinter
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

So you've heard everything each of them has had to say, is that it? Please share (some more! lol).

• 7 days ago

They are counting on their supporters to be so stupid that they can promise them everything including Medicare for all, free college, student loan forgiveness, and the green new deal all at once with no increase in middle class taxes.

Not only can we not afford all of these massive programs we can’t even afford one!

Right now the federal government spends four dollars for every three dollars it collects!

Either these politicians are delusional or they know they are promising you something they will never deliver.

In other words they are lying 

• davidmi711
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

The "great business man" president can't even figure out that you have to cut spending if you are going to cut income. And idiots like Ed think Trump is some sort of genius.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 days ago

I don't really care about leeches who profit from sick people.

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      7 days agoReport

There's lot's of instances where the profit motive is good for the corporation but bad for the country.

• 7 days ago

I agree our government shouldn't be subsidizing useless (or worse) jobs that damage our economy.  Maybe they can get jobs providing healthcare instead of denying it!

• Zack
    Lv 7
    7 days ago

They will lay 2M people off PRIVATE insurance. Universal healthcare will be the best insurance: it will cover everything. People won't be spending lots of their hard earned money on expensive hospital bills, and they probably won't pay anymore in taxes than they currently do on private insurance.

• Zack
      Lv 7
      7 days agoReport

@Joe, you won't be put on a waiting list for emergency medical issues.

• 7 days ago

That pair of rocket scientists couldn't run a corner grocery store without going broke. Sad.

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      7 days agoReport

If I were you "conservative" I would spend some time proving that you have any common sense at all, or wit for that matter.  I mean, how sad is it that the things you end up typing are the best things you can come up with?  At least anyone who reads this can see what side stupid is on, and avoid it.

• 7 days ago

If a Medicare for all plan is begun, Medicare would have to hire most all of those 2M in order to gear up the system.

The actual loss of jobs would be minimal at worse.

• Sfancik
      Lv 6
      7 days agoReport

But then he'd spend it all on a Trump University Advanced degree and a subscription to Trump Steak of the Month Club.  Hurry though, January is Salisbury Surprise!  Poor Ed.  Always getting taken advantage of.  

• 7 days ago

Medicare will be hiring.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.